Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Year

I have always heard that the older you get, the more time flies. Before, I always thought that this was just a big hoax that older people whined about. Now I am getting older, and all I can say now is that they were not lying!!!! It is already well into the year; I swear I blinked on January 1st and when I opened my eyes, it was February. How in the world did that happen? There is a fresh wind blowing this year that I can feel in my bones. This has been the decade from Hell, but it finaly seems as if the tide has changed. For the first time in so long, I feel really good about this year and the place I am in in life. It isn't always ideal or easy, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I am fully expecting great things to happen, and I can't wait to see what God will pull out of the hat. It was so fitting to toast the new year in this year with a party.There is so much to celebrate. I am in my second semester of school, and I absolutely love it. It is exhausting, but I am so thankful and love learning everything I can in every class. God has blessed me with some awesome new friends this past year, and I have reconnected with old ones. I am reconnecting with part of my family one person at a time. Of coarse it will never be like it used to be for good reason, but I have great hope for the future and that someday we will all find a way to be in each other's lives again. A big step has been going back to church again, which I am loving. I officially joined my new church two weeks ago, and I know it is going to be one of the highlights of this year.More importantly, I can finally see how God has used all these circumstances to mold and change me,looking back at myself I see a very shallow,selfish girl. I am trying to strive to never be her again. I am finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin, and my new motto is to face every new problem and challenge head on with an attitide of , ''Let's do this''. God is amazing, and I know now that there is nothing me and Him can't handle together. The best things in life really are free, and based on that, life really can't get any better than this. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment